Student ambassadors are school leaders from grades nine through twelve. The purpose of the student ambassadors is as follows:
- To improve school spirit and morale
- To coordinate school functions and activities
- To improve and encourage student/faculty relations
- To promote American Heritage of South Jordan in the community
- To promote the general welfare of the school
To be eligible for candidacy, a student must maintain a good academic and discipline record. Applications are available annually and require a letter of recommendation from a current faculty member.
To remain a student ambassador, students must abide by the school Code of Conduct, as well as attend all meetings and activities.
Student ambassadors are recognized for their service in the following ways:
- $500 scholarship for school travel
- Letter of recommendation from the administration for college
- Student ambassador jacket or sweater
- Leadership training