Code of Conduct
American Heritage of South Jordan is a faith-based private school. As such, it is expected that students who attend the school agree to live by the principles of the Judeo-Christian ethic as recorded in the New Testament and stated in the three mandatory rules below.
3. Students will behave ethically and honestly at all times.
Additional rules in the American Heritage Code of Conduct:
4. A student may not chew gum on school grounds.
5. Students must turn in all electronic devices to their homeroom teachers at the beginning of the day.
Students not abiding by the code of conduct will receive one or more of the following consequences:
- Be counseled by a member of the administration.
- Be asked to make restitution or resolve any issues appropriately.
- Be suspended from class for a period of time. Suspension may be completed in school (isolated) or at home, at the discretion of the administration.
- Be dismissed from American Heritage if a pattern of inappropriate behavior is apparent.*
- Be expelled from American Heritage if the student’s behavior is physically harmful, flagrantly coarse, or illegal.**
*A student dismissed from American Heritage will not be liable for remaining tuition for the year. The student’s records will be directed to a requesting school as long as the financial account is current.
**A student expelled from American Heritage is responsible for paying the yearly tuition in full. The student’s records can be transferred to a requesting school once the financial obligation has been met.