Lunch at American Heritage is a time for rejuvenation and social interaction. The cafeteria on the lower level of the school houses four different lunch periods:
11:00–11:25 AM Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st grade
11:30–11:55 AM 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades
12:00–12:25 PM 6th, 7th, and 8th grades
12:30–12:55 PM 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades
While the school does not offer a “hot lunch” program, there are options available to the students.
1. Lunch Market:* AHSJ has an on-site food market that is maintained by an off-site company. It has large refrigerators and freezers with fresh food and drink options. There is also a “store” shelf section with crackers, jerky, nuts, and other items. The entire market gives lots of options for lunches and snacks. The refrigeration section includes things like:
f. Cheese sticks
g. Variety of drinks
2. Microwaves: The lower level cafeteria and main level commons room both have multiple microwaves that can be used for heating lunch items.
3. Upper-grade students (9th–12th) may leave campus on Tuesdays and Thursdays to get lunch at local restaurants or 7-11. However, students may not take lunch into their classrooms and may not be late to class.
*There are a couple of ways to access the Lunch Market.
1. In the lunchroom, you can set up an account at the kiosk and use a fingerprint or PIN number to access the account. An account can be set up online using the document “AHSJ Lunch Market” and visiting the site http://32Market.com to set up an account.
2. Once an account has been set up, the pin can be shared with family members to access the kiosk in the cafeteria, and both cash and card can be used, or you can refill the account online.