American Heritage of South Jordan has a mandatory dress code for all students. Students are expected to be neat, clean and dressed in uniform at all times unless given permission by the administration to be out of uniform. There are many positive reasons for a dress code, including:
- A dress code encourages students to express their individuality through personality and academic achievements, not outward appearances.
- A dress code puts the focus on academics, not fashion, because students project a neat, serious, businesslike image.
- Schools with dress codes have fewer discipline problems because students are less distracted.
- Dress codes can be less expensive.
- Dress codes eliminate the visible differences between needy and wealthy children.
- Dress codes eliminate the pressure to wear brand name clothing, immodest styles, etc.
- Dress codes create a sense of school pride and belonging.
- Our dress code is specific and based on grade and gender. For detailed information select the appropriate grade level or additional uniform policy links.
Other Dress Code Rules
- White dress shirts must be tucked in.
- Clothes must be the appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist.
- Clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school.
- Only school approved jackets, hoodies, and sweaters are allowed in the classroom.
- Hoods are not allowed to be worn in the classrooms or hallways.
- School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with the uniform guidelines.
- Students in violation of the dress code will receive a warning the first time. Students continuing to violate the dress code will be charged $5 for the first violation and ascend after each violation.
Click on a button below to view and/or download our dress codes in pdf format.